Nowadays, hair clipper is widely used in families. However, do you know how exactly your hair clipper can resist to water？Many people tend to rinse clipper directly with water for daily care. Actually, this way could cause malfunction to the internal structure of the clipper.
So how to choose a hair clipper with better waterproof?
This passage will help you understand the waterproof levels of hair clippers.
There are two water-proof parts of hair clippers:
Basically, the blades of hair clippers on the market can be disassembled for cleaning and they are basically waterproof.
2. Body- waterproof and anti-immersion
We use IPX to stand for the waterproof level of the hair clipper.
What is IPX Rating？
IP stands for International Protection or, in some cases, Ingress Protection. IP (or IPX) rating is the marking that describes the level of protection (provided by the enclosure of the device) against dust, water, and ingress of other particles or fluids.
There are 8 levels in the IPX waterproof rating , from IPX-1 to IPX-8. The larger the number, the stronger the waterproof.
- IPX0 – Non-protected.
- IPX1 – A device with a level 1 water resistance rating can survive drops of water falling vertically on it for 10 minutes.
- IPX2 – A device with a level 2 water resistance rating can survive drops of water falling on it while being tilted at a 15° angle.
- IPX3 – A device with a level 3 water resistance rating can survive sprays of water. The water is sprayed at different angles up to 60° measured from the vertical axis.
- IPX4 – A device with a level 4 water resistance rating can survive splashes of water from any direction.
- IPX5 – A device with a level 5 water resistance rating can survive small water jets projected by a 6.3mm nozzle at any angle.
- IPX6 – A device with a level 6 water resistance rating can survive strong water jets projected by a 12.5mm nozzle at any angle.
- IPX7 – A device is fully waterproof and submersible in water of up to 1m depth for 30mins. You can swim and shower with IPX7.
- IPX8 – A device with a level 8 water resistance rating can survive immersion in water deeper than 1m (usually up to 3m). It can be submerged in water for more than 30mins.
Data Source: https://www.audioreputation.com/ipx-ratings-explained/
A waterproof hair clipper with IPX6 or above can be easily washed under the running water.
This is all about the waterproof levels.
Do you have a better understanding of the waterproof levels? Hope this will be little helpful when you choosing a hair clipper.